Using acrylic as a base, graded with specially formulated additives, aggregates and clean water, Baucoat EPS Coating System is the thin (minimum 2mm), flexible, durable, UV-resistant and weatherproof coating used now in over 45 countries Worldwide.
Ready made EPS products coated with Baucoat are designed to handle a wide range of situations, from ideal building conditions to highly problematic substrates.
By specifying Baucoat EPS Coating System, you avoid the problems associated with products coated with conventional cementitious or other synthetic renders, such as fragility, cracking, detaching and colour fading.
Baucoat features great durability, flexibility, impact resistance without the usage of glass fiber mesh reinforcements as in all other coating systems. The coating features great adhesion to EPS - 4 times over the standard minimum. The coating is UV resistant and the white through-coloured composition reduces on-site installation and painting issues. Due to acrylic base of the coating, the acrylic primers and paints permeate well and increase the service life of the paints.
Baucoat EPS Coating system is durable, is very practical and allows the flexibility to produce the most demanding designs, whether flat or curved, concave or convex, stone like, white and after paint becomes vibrantly coloured.
• Strong and hard - more durable than any render based coatings with mesh
• Resistant to impact and mechanical stress
• Resistant to extreme weather conditions
• Low water absorption
• Excellent adhesion to the polystyrene
• Incredible resistance to temperature and humidity variations
• Very good CO2 and water vapour permeability, increasing the rate of moisture transfer and evaporation for a breathable wall.
• Easy and fast application on EPS claddings and architectural shapes
• Does not require reinforcement mesh
• Does not require an equalisation coat
• Primer and paint topcoat is applied directly on surface
• Perfect permeation with exterior construction paints
• The whiteness of coating allows easy application of bright, vibrant colours
• Perfect for all kinds of architectural shapes
• According to climatic zones the formulation is adjusted
• Tested according to European Standards
Water permeability of Baucoat
= 0,04 kg/m2h0,5
EN 1062-3:1999 standard value max:
Vapour transmission of Baucoat
= 62,4 gr/m2day
EN 1062-4:1999 standard value min:
Tensile bond strength of Baucoat
EN 13494:2004 standard value
Impact resistance of Baucoat at 3mm
= 10J/no damage
TS EN 13497:2005 standard value
Baucoat EPS coating is the ideal coating material to realize the breadth of your creativity. With aggregates for a smooth surface or a slightly textured natural stone aesthetic, a balanced formulation and high quality raw materials Baucoat provides outstanding qualities to fabricated building materials and allows production of most complicated individual end-product designs.